Sunday, March 22, 2009

My First Week!

It is the end of my first week! With the exception of St. Patrick's Day (which, in all honesty, could have been WAY worse) I have done awesome this week! I went to the grocery store on Sunday and made sure I had everything for every meal I needed for the week. I made all my sandwiches and put all my chicken in marinades. And then every day I had the same thing for breakfast (a granola bar), snack (yogurt), lunch (turkey sandwich on double fiber wheat bread, and sugar free jello), and dinner (grilled chicken with a salad). It was super boring, no variety at all! But, suprisingly, it really suited me. I never had to worry about what I was going to eat and whether or not I took food out of the freezer for dinner. I also stopped drinking soda this week. A LOT easier than I thought it would be! I made a big pitcher of iced tea and have just been drinking that instead.

And the results are:
I have lost 1.8 pounds! And 1/2 inch off of my waist! YAY! Actual success! Now I just need to keep it going and not screw it up! I have a tendency to do really well and feel great and then let one little thing throw me off course for months. NOT THIS TIME! I haven't had any alcohol since St. Patrick's Day, not really a big deal, I know, but usually that is my downfall.

I feel great and I have had some small success! I hope this week goes as well as last week!

1 comment:

  1. I was totally going to say be careful not to get too bored with having the same thing day in and day out, but you've already got it covered.
    I'm trying to decrease my alcohol consumption too (no, I'm not knocked up) so if you need a non-drinking companion call me up and we can be sober together!

    ReplyDelete